GoMedicare offers a wide range of Medicare Advantage plans from some top providers in the country. GoMedicare can help you find a plan that meets your needs. The information on their website can help you decide if a Medicare Advantage plan is the right choice for you, or if it’s better to stick with Original Medicare and add a Medicare Supplement plan.
What Are Medicare Coverages and Medicare Parts?
You’ve probably heard of Medicare’s different “parts” (Medicare Part A, Medicare Part D, etc.)
Medicare Part A– stay insurance (provides coverage for a hospital stay)
- Inpatient hospital care: You receive this care after a doctor has officially admitted you to the hospital.
- Care provided by a Qualified Nursing Facility (SNF): Medicare includes room, board, and various services offered at an SNF, including medication administration, tube feeding, and wound care.
- Home health care: Medicare covers home care if you are confined to your home and need specialist care.
- Hospice care – This is the care you can choose if a provider determines that you are terminally ill.
Medicare Part B – Outpatient Health Insurance (provides outpatient coverage)
- An individual who provides medically necessary services.
- Durable Medical Devices (DME) are devices that have a medical purpose.
- Home Health Services – Services covered when you are confined at home and require skilled care or therapy.
- Ambulance – This is emergency transport, usually to and from hospitals.
- Preventive Services: These are health checkups and consultations to prevent illness, diagnose conditions, and keep you healthy.
- Therapy Services – These are outpatient physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy services provided by a Medicare-certified therapist.
- Psychiatric services
Medicare Part C – Medicare Advantage Health Plan
Medicare Part C plans follow traditional insurance structures and include:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans.
- Preferred Provider Organization Plans (PPO)
- Private fee-for-service (PFFS) plans
- Special Needs Plans (SNP)
- Medicare Savings Account (MSA) Plans
Medicare Part D – Prescription Drug Coverage
It covers most outpatient prescription drugs (medicines you get at a pharmacy). Check your plan’s formula to see if it covers the medications you need.